Mogadishu Mile Race Day
Event Day Activities
We suggest you arrive about 4:45. Take in the vendors, check in, be a part of our opening National Anthem and then participate in the Memorial Mile. Don't leave after the race. Stay Uptown, enjoy the free concert, grab a bite to eat and enjoy a great American night out. Read below for more information on what to expect.
· Memorial Mile walk in which people will have the opportunity to pay tribute to the heroes lost as well as reflect on the mile movement the soldiers of Task Force Ranger were forced to complete without support and with very little ammunition. Participants will experience the memorial tributes and the battle’s timeline.
· 5K race will be timed, culminating in an awards ceremony.
· Concert by Country Artist Brandon Holden immediately following the awards ceremony.
· Live Drawing for custom Cobalt Kinetics commemorative Mogadishu Mile rifle
· Brantley Photography Interactive Photo booth will be set up throughout the event to take one of a kind images with interactive custom Mogadishu Mile Memorial 5K graphics.
· Vendor tents will give participants and supporters a chance to see of the great products and companies who are supporting the event and support our Troops.
Enjoy a free Cannon Brew Pub flagship beer and Pepsico pretzels after the race. Show your bib at the Cannon to receive your free beer.
Event Day Timeline
10 - 3- Packet pick up at Big Dog (1200 Broadway)
3:00 - Packet pick up to event registration location (Broadway and 11th Street)
5:30 - Welcome/Introductions/National Anthem
5:35 - Memorial Mile
6:15 - Welcome/introductions
6:20 - 5K start
7:15 - Awards
7:30 - Concert Starts
8:15 - Live drawing for commemorative Cobalt Kinetics rifle
Certified 5K route in the beautiful historic uptown Columbus, GA. Walk out the front doors of the host hotel and be at the starting line in five minutes. Then enjoy the night life Columbus has to offer.
Mogadishu Memorial Mile
Join us at 5:30 for the Mogadishu Memorial Mile
PAcket Pick Up
Packet pick up will be available at the uptown Big Dog Running location (1200 Broadway) on Friday, September 29 from 10:00 am to 5:30 p.m. and on race day from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm and finally at the start of the race (Broadway and 11th Street).
Directions and Parking
We suggest that you park in the River Center parking garage. 916 Front Avenue. The RiverCenter Parking Garage is open 24 hours a day. Parking is free to the public. Location and is in close proximity to the start and finish of the event.
Course Rules and Regulations
Pets and strollers are allowed.
AGE GROUP AWARDS
Medals for 1st - 2nd in each age group. Our first place finishers will also receive a Gerber Impromptu Pen and free membership to Uncommon Athlete.
13 and under
20 - 29
30 - 39
40 - 49
50 - 65
65 and older